By now, everyone has heard of the Internet of Things, but why should you consider implementing it to gather, store, and distribute your industrial data? Hare are five leading reasons:
1. Most economical way of gathering data.
2. Can be implemented in stages.
3. Can cost-effectively scale from very small to the largest installations.
4. Information from IoT devices can be supplied quickly to those who need it.
5. IoT devices can be continuous, scheduled, or event-triggered data sources.
Although the IoT can be implemented strictly with wired components, wireless solutions are often more cost effective, quicker to install, and simpler to maintain.