Awareness of food safety has increased in recent years and consumers are paying more attention to ingredients, places of origin, and other details when they purchase food. Clear and accurate labeling applied to food products during processing helps consumers make informed choices and maintain peace of mind. The food industry has implemented automated production for many years, with well-evolved procedures for filling, labeling and shipping. A current challenge for System Integrators involves helping assist food manufacturers with the rapid checking of trademarks and labels on existing, high-speed, automated production lines.
- A platform with sufficient computing performance
- Common interfaces for quick and easy integration of industrial cameras
- The system must be compact and suitable for limited space
- High reliability and durability
- Capable of high-speed operations for extended periods
- Longevity support, including multi-year support and service
- Intel® 6th generation Core™ i5/i5 CPU (BGA 1440)
- Four-channel Gigabit Power over Ethernet (GbE PoE) with dedicated controller
- Wide input power range (9 ~ 36 V DC)
- Wide operating temperature range (-20 ~ 60°C)
- Isolated Digital I/O
Based on an all-in-one concept, Advantech's AIIS-5410P is a platform controller equipped with an Intel® 6th generation Core™ i processor. Its system performance is more than adequate to meet general-purpose requirements for the vast majority of customers. With four GbE PoE interfaces, AIIS-5410P allows System Integrators to connect multiple industrial cameras with unequaled configuration options. Additionally, up to eight USB 3.0 ports, two COM ports, two Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports and one PCIe/PCI expansion slot enable it to satisfy users who need a variety of interfaces to accommodate diverse applications.
The customer's primary need was to simply and effectively set up visual inspection applications in existing production workflows. Providing a convenient solution with high-speed image acquisition, transmission, and identification were key considerations. With its compact dimensions and an excellent design, AIIS-5410P combines easily with industrial cameras via PoE interfaces. Benefiting from the late-generation Intel® processor and supporting up to eight USB 3.0 ports, this platform offers adequate performance and bandwidth for image data processing. It provides rapid data collection, analysis and communications on fast-moving production lines. This helps clients quickly and effortlessly implement optimal solutions that fulfill actual work requirements.